If you are living in one of these major US cities, you may want to keep an eye on the streets this coming Friday, July 15th. Only a week after 5 law enforcement officers in Dallas were killed by a lone shooter, Black Lives Matter is planning multiple demonstrations against police violence.
Protests have erupted over the police shootings of Alton Sterling in Louisiana and Philando Castile in Minnesota in the past few weeks, both cases had bystander video released online and people were quick to jump to conclusions based on what they saw.
Police are likely to be on edge considering the attack that claimed the lives of 5 officers in Dallas last Friday took place at the very end of a Black Lives Matter protest.
The hacktivist group Anonymous has released a video these Day of Rage protests and is calling for nationwide civil disobedience in the face of perceived police brutality.
(Warning: Graphic content)
These are the locations and times for the protests planned for the Day of Rage, July 15th 2016:
- Phoenix: 5:00PM (EASTLAKE PARK, 1549 E Jefferson St , Phoenix, AZ 85034)
- Tuscon: 5:00PM (CATALINA PARK, 900 N 4th Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85705)
- Little Rock: 6:00PM (OUTSIDE STATE CAPITOL BUILDING, Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr., Little Rock, AR 72201)
- San Francisco: 4:00PM (CIVIC CENTER PLAZA, 355 Mcallister St, San Francisco, California 94102)
- Oakland: 4:00PM (FRANK OGAWA PLAZA, 1 Frank H Ogawa Plaza, Oakland, CA 94612)
- Los Angeles: 4:00PM (LEIMERT PLAZA PARK, 4395 Leimert Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90008)
- Denver: 5:00PM (CIVIC CENTER PARK, 100 W 14th Ave Pkwy, Denver, Colorado 80204)
- Washington DC: 7:00PM (OUTSIDE WHITE HOUSE, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500)
- Atlanta: 7:00PM (OLD DECATUR COURTHOUSE, 101 E Court Sq, Decatur, GA 30030)
- Tampa: 7:00PM (OUTSIDE HILLSBOROUGH COURTHOUSE, 800 E Twiggs St, Tampa, FL)
- Orlando: 7:00PM (LAKE EOLA PARK, 195 N Rosalind Ave, Orlando, Florida 32801)
- Miami: 7:00PM (GWEN CHERRY PARK, NW 71 St., Miami, Florida, 33147)
- Chicago: 6:00PM (RICHARD J DALEY CENTER, 50 W Washington St, Chicago, Illinois 60602)
- Des Moines: 6:00PM (IOWA STATE CAPITOL, 1007 E Grand Ave, Des Moines, IA 50319)
- New Orleans: 6:00PM (LAFAYETTE SQUARE, New Orleans, LA 70130)
- Baltimore: 7:00PM (201 E Pratt St, Baltimore, MD 21202)
- Boston: 7:00PM (MASSACHUSETTS STATE HOUSE, 24 Beacon St, Boston, MA 01233)
- Detroit: 7:00PM (Campus Martius Park, Detroit, Michigan 48226)
- Lansing: 7:00PM (STATE CAPITOL BUILDING, Capitol Avenue at Michigan Avenue, Lansing, MI 48933)
- Ann Arbor: 7:00PM (THE DIAG, Burns Park, Ann Arbor, MI 48109)
- Minneapolis: 6:00PM (MINNEAPOLIS URBAN LEAGUE, 2100 Plymouth Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55411
- St. Louis: 6:00PM (GATEWAY ARCH, St. Louis 63102)
- Carson City: 4:00PM (NEVADA STATE CAPITOL BUILDING, 101 N Carson St, Carson City, Nevada 89701)
- Manhattan, NY: 7:00PM (TIMES SQUARE, Manhattan, NY, 10036)
- Newark: 7:00PM (NEWARK CITY HALL, 920 Broad Street, Newark, New Jersey 07102)
- Durham: 7:00PM (200 E. Main St. Durham, North Carolina)
- Columbus: 7:00PM (GOODALE PARK, Columbus, Ohio 43215)
- Cleveland: 7:00PM (CLEVELAND PUBLIC LIBRARY, 325 Superior Ave E, Cleveland, Ohio 44114)
- Portland: 4:00PM (PIONEER COURTHOUSE SQUARE, 701 SW 6th Ave, Portland, Oregon 97204)
- Philadelphia: 7:00PM (LOVE PARK, 1599 John F Kennedy Blvd, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102)
- Pittsburgh: 7:00PM (PITTSBURGH CITY-COUNTY BUILDING, 414 Grant St, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219)
- Nashville: 6:00PM (801 Broadway Nashville, TN 37203 Estes Kefauver Federal Building)
- Memphis: 6:00PM (Health Sciences Park Memphis, TN)
- Austin: 6:00PM (TEXAS STATE CAPITOL, Outside South Gate-11th and Congress Ave.)
- Salt Lake City: 5:00PM (SALT LAKE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, 4600 S Redwood Rd, Salt Lake City, Utah 84123)
- Seattle: 4:00PM (QUEEN ANNE BAPTIST CHURCH, 2011 1st Ave N, Seattle, Washington 98109)
- Milwaukee: 5:00PM (DINEEN PARK, Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
You may want to be aware if you are living in or close to one of these locations. As we have seen many times in the past, these protests can get out of hand resulting in property damage, injuries and highway closures.
Want to help President Trump fight back against the biased press? Become a contributor and submit your content.