Despite a group of anti-Trump Hollywood celebrities encouraging fellow music stars to refuse to perform at the president-elect’s inauguration, Trump seems to have no problem finding performers willing to entertain on his historic day.
Mainstream media reports over the past month Trump was having difficulties finding celebrity singers and bands for his inauguration ceremony on January 20th, citing an unwillingness on their parts to be attached to Trump’s political policies. Left wing media outlets such as The Daily Beast even churned out headlines such as Trump’s Inauguration Nightmare: All the Musicians Who Have Turned Down Invites.
It appears that mainstream media’s “anonymous sources” have let them down once again, as Trump is set to have some big names performing at his event including Toby Keith, 3 Doors Down, Lee Greenwood, Jennifer Holliday, The Piano Guys, and the Frontmen of Country.
President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration has landed a few additional performers: Toby Keith, 3 Doors Down, Lee Greenwood, Jennifer Holliday, The Piano Guys, and the Frontmen of Country will all play a headlining concert on Jan. 19 at the Lincoln Memorial, Trump’s inaugural committee announced on Friday. Actor Jon Voight will also make an appearance.
“President-elect Trump has made it clear that this inaugural is of, by, and for the American people. The 58th Inaugural will celebrate American history and heritage, while setting the course to a brighter and bolder future for all Americans,” Tom Barrack, the chairman of the Presidential Inaugural Committee, said in a press release, according to CNN. “Above all, it will serve as tribute to one of our greatest attributes, the peaceful transition of partisan power.”
Called the “Make America Great Again! Welcome Celebration,” the show will also “feature historic remarks” from Trump himself, the event’s website said.
“I’m honored to be part of history again and sing for President-elect Donald Trump,” said Greenwood, who also performed at inaugurations for Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush. “This is a time to overcome challenges in our country and band together. My wife Kim and I are looking forward to the inauguration ceremonies.”
I can only imagine the uproar in the crowd if Toby Keith performs his iconic “How Do You Like Me Now” song, as it applies perfectly to Donald Trump’s rise against all odds to become president.
Last month it was reported that America’s Got Talent contestant Jackie Evancho, who rose to fame in 2010 as a 10-year-old singer who placed runner-up in the reality show, will be singing the National Anthem at Donald Trump’s inauguration.
Jackie Evancho, now 16, broke the news on the Today show Wednesday morning. “I’m so excited. It’s going to be awesome,” she told anchors Hoda Kotb, Matt Lauer, Tamron Hall and Al Roker. “I felt really honored to be able to sing for the office, it’s a great honor for me.”
The singer, who placed second in the 2010 season of NBC’s reality competition show, has already sung for a president. In 2010 she sang for President Obama and the first family at the National Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony.
“I feel really honored to have the chance to perform for the president again.”
Evancho has met Trump in the past, at the Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida shortly after her debut on AGT.
The singer is currently touring and promoting her latest inaugurationalbum, Someday at Christmas.
Leave it to the mainstream media to once again be proven wrong by Trump while continuing to earn the title of “Fake News” each and every day, as it appears the soon to be president’s inauguration performances are shaping up quite nicely.
Want to help President Trump fight back against the biased press? Become a contributor and submit your content.