Once again we see radical Islamic terror claim more lives in a brutal attack claiming the lives of 84 innocent people, 1 of them a child from the United States, and 202 wounded. 1 American child, age 11, was slain in this attack along with his father. Who were perpetrate such a vile attack on Western civilization, killing men, women and children indiscriminately? Was it the intolerant Christians, blood thirsty Buddhists or perhaps the gun-toting NRA?
No, once again its radical Islamic terrorists waging a war on the West and our people using any method that they can.
The attacks will not stop until their country gets tough, and their country will not get tough as long as it is ruled by liberal progressives who would sacrifice their own people for the sake of tolerance. They would rather live with constant threat of Jihad, than risk “offending” the religion of peace.
A day after a terrorist mowed down dozens of people celebrating Bastille Day in the coastal French city of Nice, investigators dug into the life of the man they say was the killer: A 31-year-old delivery driver and Nice resident who was born in Tunisia.
Authorities said Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel drove a rented, refrigerated truck weighing about 20 tons into crowds along a roughly 2-kilometer stretch of Promenade des Anglais Thursday night, killing 84 people — including 10 children and adolescents — and injuring 202 others.The attack ended when police shot into the truck, killing Bouhlel, French prosecutor François Molins said Friday.Of the injured, 52 were in critical condition, and 25 were in a coma Friday, Molins said; French President Francois Hollande described the most seriously injured as being “between life and death.”Staff at the Lenval Hospital in Nice said 28 children remained hospitalized.Hollande, addressing his country following its third major terrorist attack in 18 months, described the assault as an “unspeakable act” and vowed that France would “be able to overcome all trials.”“We have an enemy who is going to continue to strike all the people, all the countries who have freedom as a fundamental value,” Hollande said.Bouhlel was identified by fingerprints after his identification card was found in the truck, Molins said. On Friday, authorities began searching an apartment building where Bouhlel apparently lived, and Molins said Bouhlel’s ex-wife had been detained Friday morning.No group has claimed responsibility for the attack, and authorities did not release information about a motive. But Molins said the attack fits with calls that “terrorist organizations regularly give out on their videos and elsewhere.”Bouhlel was known to police because of allegations of threats, violence and thefts over the last six years, and he was given a suspended six-month prison sentence this year after being convicted of violence with a weapon, Molins said.But he was “entirely unknown by the intelligence services, whether nationally or locally,” Molins said.“He had never been the subject of any kind of file or indication of radicalization,” Molin said.
Dead in the streetThe attack was launched on a popular street that would normally be packed with tourists and residents on a sunny afternoon in July.But on Friday, screens blocked off more than a mile of the famous boulevard along the Mediterranean as authorities removed bodies and evidence from the bloody attack.Just before the carnage Thursday night, hundreds, if not thousands, had gathered on the promenade to watch a colorful display of fireworks and live music for the national holiday.But as the last firework fizzled, gunfire rang out — authorities and witnesses say the driver shot from the cab of the truck — and the truck accelerated down the crowded street.Bouhlel began the attack at about 10:45 p.m., driving the truck into people, Molins said. At one point, he fired a gun several times at three police officers close to a hotel, the prosecutor explained said.Officers gave chase for about 300 meters until they shot him, Molins said.The truck was rented on Monday and was supposed to have been returned Wednesday, Molins said, without saying who rented it. Surveillance video shows that about two hours before the attack Thursday, Bouhlel rode a bicycle to pick up the truck east of the city, the prosecutor said.After Bouhlel was shot, police found a handgun and some ammunition in the truck’s cab, as well as a replica handgun, two replica assault rifles, a cell phone and various documents, Molins said. In the trailer was the bicycle and some empty pallets.Crews covered the dead in the street with blue sheets so emergency vehicles could both avoid running over them and spot them for evacuation.Slowly, authorities are putting names to the bodies. Three Germans are among the dead, Mayor Reinhard Naumann of Berlin’s Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf district said in a statement. They were all women — two students and a teacher from the Paula-Fürst-School.“They were just about to graduate at our school, completing the German A levels. We mourn with the parents of the school, their relatives and their friends,” the statement said. “We stand with them side by side and we will provide all the necessary support that is now needed.”Americans Sean Copeland, 51, and his son, Brodie, 11, of Texas also were killed in the attack, a statement from the family said. U.S. officials confirmed that at least two Americans were killed in the attack, but did not name them.
Want to help President Trump fight back against the biased press? Become a contributor and submit your content.